The challenge facing leaders today are many and varied – complex and ever-changing contexts, navigating internal and external politics and delivering ever ambitious targets. In leadership coaching I focus on overcoming blocks and challenges by building emotional intelligence, capacity and confidence to exceed expectations when operating at the highest levels.
Primarily working with directors and heads of department, I get results for organisations working at all levels, from new managers to executive coaching for CEOs.
A programme of coaching will usually last for 6 sessions and can include, as appropriate:
- A three-way conversation with the sponsor (client’s line manager or HR business partner) to discuss and agree objectives and discuss how we will measure value back to the organisation
- Where existing feedback processes do not exist within the organisation, gathering stakeholder feedback to inform objectives for the coaching programme.
- 90 minute coaching sessions via Skype or face to face (a blend of the two is often practical)
- Ad hoc support throughout the programme, via email or phone, where needed.
- Evaluation at the end of the coaching programme, which may include gathering feedback on changes seen, examples of new ways of approaching challenge, decisions or other impact directly attributed to the coaching support and the client’s and sponsor’s own feedback on the impact that the coaching has had.
I am an accredited facilitator of the EBW diagnostic. EBW stands for Emotions and Behaviours at Work – a very powerful tool which enables individuals to see how they typically work within a range of key competencies known to be indicators of successful leaders. I have used this to great effect with clients new into senior roles, where they are required to behave in a different way, and where they may need to build upon existing competencies. You can read more about the model here.
You may like to listen to me talking about leadership development and what is involved in leadership coaching on this podcast, part of the Cracking Charity Chat series.
Please get in touch using the form below to arrange a time to discuss a leadership coaching package to suit your challenges, objectives and budget!
Jen’s coaching has particularly helped me understand my management and leadership style and have the confidence to stay true to it. She’s also supported me in making difficult decisions and her coaching enables me to come up with practical steps to overcome challenges.Jude Sadler
I’d never had any kind of coaching before, and am not someone who likes talking about myself. But Jen worked wonders just by helping me work through the things I knew or sort-of knew already, and working out solutions that suit me. I now have my own ways to help me prepare for work situations I would normally feel out-of-my-depth in, like senior meetings and public speaking at events. I know these will never be the easiest thing for me to do, or the bits I enjoy the most, but I know I can do them.Fiona Magor
I have turned to Jen at various points in my career and she has always responded with unwavering support delivered in a way that has enabled me to help myself and become a much more resilient professional.
Director of Finance & Resources, Breast Cancer Care
Working with Jen as my coach has made an incredible difference in both my personal life and career. Before I was a sceptic about the value of personal coaching but now, I am a convert and recommend Jen to my friends.Dawn